2023 Field Day Schedule - June 24 to June 25

Latest news and announcements for WPBARG and the community
Michael M
Elmer

2023 Field Day Schedule - June 24 to June 25

Post by Michael M »

We will be conducting our Field Day operations off the power grid at The American Legion Post 47, located at 2315 North Dixie Highway, Lake Worth, FL 33460. The event begins at 1800 UTC (2 pm) on June 24, and ends at 2059 UTC (8:59 pm) on June 25.

The operational hours for all guests, including guest operators and visitors will begin at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday the 24th and end at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday the 25th.

During those guest operational hours everyone is welcome! If you'd like to come by to observe, just to see what we're doing and what Field Day is like, we welcome you! If you'd like to sit at one of our stations and operate, we welcome you!

While we will be operating off the main grid, The American Legion will have full power and air conditioning. Food and drinks will be available. Prices are to be determined.

No invitation is necessary, just come on over!

We will try our best to monitor the 146.67 repeater for the talk in. For more information on that repeater, please go here - https://arec67.org/

We are all very excited to be doing Field Day this year, and we hope to see YOU this weekend!

As with every event we sponsor, everyone is invited… members, non-members, participants and observers, come one, come all!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt
w8ptm
Amateur

Re: 2023 Field Day Schedule - June 24 to June 25

Post by w8ptm »

If I wanted to bring a portable radio and antenna to this event, do I need to reserve a space to setup? I am not yet a member of the club, but would like to stop by and learn what field day is all about.
Michael M
Elmer

Post by Michael M »

At this stage I don't know if we will have room for others to bring their own equipment. That's a question for Randy, our Field Day Chair. I imagine he'll be here to answer that question, but if not I will reach out to him. Give him about a day or so. Nonetheless, we will have equipment already set up that you can use, member or non-member… along with applications to join if you like. I will be there, so please make sure to come up and say hello!
w8ptm wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 1:33 pm If I wanted to bring a portable radio and antenna to this event, do I need to reserve a space to setup? I am not yet a member of the club, but would like to stop by and learn what field day is all about.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt
w8ptm
Amateur

Post by w8ptm »

Thanks Michael. Will see you out there this weekend.
SWAMPER
Elmer

Post by SWAMPER »

Michael M wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:55 pm We will be conducting our Field Day operations off the power grid at The American Legion Post 47, located at 2315 North Dixie Highway, Lake Worth, FL 33460. The event begins at 1800 UTC (2 pm) on June 24, and ends at 2059 UTC (8:59 pm) on June 25.

The operational hours for all guests, including guest operators and visitors will begin at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday the 24th and end at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday the 25th.
[/b]
What time will club members arrive to start setting up?
Michael M
Elmer

Post by Michael M »

10:00 - I will be sending out an email blast to the membership by end of day.
SWAMPER wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:46 pm What time will club members arrive to start setting up?
Michael M
Elmer

Post by Michael M »

I see that Randy reached out to you in email, so you should be all set. Looking forward to seeing you!
w8ptm wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:56 pm Thanks Michael. Will see you out there this weekend.