It's here!!!

Latest news and announcements for WPBARG and the community
N2QFT
Operator

It's here!!!

Post by N2QFT »

The weekend for the Winter Field Day is here!!!!
I have to admit, I'm a little like a kid at Christmas or my birthday...
filled with anticipation and excitement. Also a bit apprehensive as I have never planned an event like this before.
But
The weekend is here and we will have fun and food.. (notice how they naturally go together)LOL
If you have a spare power source.. solar panel, batteries, power station.. please bring it. We should be fine Saturday working 2pm to 5pm. Sunday will be a bit longer. 9am to 2pm.
Also... Don't forget we need to log all contacts and correctly enter their exchange information. If you want to pair up with someone at a station one operate and one log, then swap positions after awhile, that works. If you want to log for yourself that's ok too. I'm not sure about power for laptops with logging programs, so be prepared to use paper and pencil as we did in the old days. Then they can be added to the computer later.
So, I guess that's about it.. any questions, click "Contact us" at the bottom of the page. See you tomorrow!

Note: If you've never done Winter Field Day or you don't know any of the rules, don't worry. It's simple and we will be there to help you make those contacts! Bring your own gear or use ours, or just come out and visit with us.
Michael M
Elmer

Re: It's here!!!

Post by Michael M »

woohoo.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt
N2QFT
Operator

Post by N2QFT »

Well, I guess I got what I wanted for my present (in reference to my earlier post) .
We had a fantastic turn out! Some came just for the Saturday in the Park. Some came just for the Winter Field Day, and others came and stated all day. We even had a visitor from Georgia who was passing through our area on their way home from a cruise.
There were a lot of smiling faces, and a lot of visiting. There were hams helping hams with antennas, and some show and tell of radios and other equipment..
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.
We will have another report tomorrow when the WFD exercise is over. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Oh.... And we celebrated a birthday today too..Happy Birthday Rex.
Jo
Michael M
Elmer

Post by Michael M »

Great job, Jo! After the weekend, I'll be posting some pics

Happy Birthday, Rex!
N2QFT wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 9:15 pm Well, I guess I got what I wanted for my present (in reference to my earlier post) .
We had a fantastic turn out! Some came just for the Saturday in the Park. Some came just for the Winter Field Day, and others came and stated all day. We even had a visitor from Georgia who was passing through our area on their way home from a cruise.
There were a lot of smiling faces, and a lot of visiting. There were hams helping hams with antennas, and some show and tell of radios and other equipment..
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did.
We will have another report tomorrow when the WFD exercise is over. Hope to see you tomorrow.
Oh.... And we celebrated a birthday today too..Happy Birthday Rex.
Jo
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt
SWAMPER
Elmer

Post by SWAMPER »

Great Job Jo! Thanks for all you do!

Happy Birthday Rex!
N2QFT
Operator

Post by N2QFT »

Well, it was here and now it's gone already, wow that weekend went fast..
I hope you all had a good time.. I sure did.
Where we may have been short in contacts, we definitely made up in friendship and fun. Thank you to the club members who were able to spend some time with us for Saturday in the Park, those who could stay in through the Winter Field Day Exercise and those who came to check out Winter Field Day. Whether you came just to operate a station, offer technical advice so we could get on the air, loaned some equipment, or came to watch learn and visit, we appreciated everyone and everything you did and every minute you spent with us and supporting us.

To those who came by who are not currently members. Welcome!
We are looking forward to your participation in future events.

I will have report for next months meeting and the full report when the results are in..

Sneak preview...our 85th anniversary is this year...get ready!!
Jo
N2QFT
KK4OPI
Operator

Post by KK4OPI »

I’m sorry I missed it but glad everyone seems to have had a good time! I’ll be there next year!