Rich Handweg N6YVW SK

Latest news and announcements for WPBARG and the community
Post Reply
User avatar
Michael M
Engineer
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:53 pm

Rich Handweg N6YVW SK

Post by Michael M »

Funeral in Orlando Oct 24th.

For more information, contact KJ4AVE.
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt
RichieC1
Elmer
Posts: 164
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2023 7:20 pm
Location: West Palm Beach

Re: Rich Handweg N6YVW SK

Post by RichieC1 »

Thanks for the update Mike. This is from her QRZ page.

When my husband and I started a Community Emergency Response Team in our rural town, we decided to use ham radio as the communication method among the team. We were lucky to have Rich, N6YVW, join the team and teach ham classes for 11 of us. I'm a member of the Wellington Amateur Radio Club which is a great club for new hams and focuses on emergency communications. While my main interest in AR is emergency communications, I enjoy the HF bands and making new contacts. For the last few years, I've spent most of my radio time as an active operator in ARMY MARS (Military Auxiliary Radio System).

I retired from teaching microbiology and biology at a community college after 31 years and am thoroughly enjoying the complex and exciting world of amateur radio. Though no longer needed for licensing, I'm teaching myself Morse code and plan to make some contacts using CW once I can copy faster!

I now operate a FT-450AT with a terminated folded dipole. I'm very fortunate to have my training officer from MARS, Chris, AJ1Q, who put up the new antenna and trouble shoots my system when needed.
Richie C
KQ4LOQ HAM
WRNS278 GMRS
KIT4492 past CB
User avatar
Michael M
Engineer
Posts: 1094
Joined: Thu Aug 25, 2022 11:53 pm

Re: Rich Handweg N6YVW SK

Post by Michael M »

Thanks, Richie!
"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in the gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat." - Teddy Roosevelt
Rex_AJ4GC
Amateur
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2022 2:05 pm

Re: Rich Handweg N6YVW SK

Post by Rex_AJ4GC »

Rich and I were great friends for years. We went to many hamfests together. In the beginning he commuted to Melbourne every day where he was building and programming a machine that built printed circuit boards.
Later he worked at what used to be Perry Submarine near the Port of Palm Beach. By then it was part of Martin Marrietta and he was working on secret stuff for the Navy.
He will be missed.
Rex AJ4GC
Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest